Lowered Healthcare Costs and Healthier Employees
In today’s new and unprecedented healthcare climate, it’s vital to know the latest healthcare models that keep an employer’s costs down while increasing quality and coverage. DirectClinic is such a model, and smart employers are taking notice as they design employee benefits.
How DirectCare Works for Your Business
Offering DirectClinic as an integrated solution, along with an appropriate supplemental insurance plan, can save employers up to 30 percent on healthcare costs compared to the traditional insurance alternatives, yet keep companies in compliance with Affordable Care Act mandates. DirectCare can help self-insured companies lower future premiums through reduced claims. DirectClinic can control downstream catastrophic costs by providing increased-access and high quality care upstream and can be inserted strategically as part of the total health plan offering.
Why Employers and Other Payors Are Switching to DirectClinic
- Decreased cost of future insurance premiums through reduced claims/discounts on stop-loss premiums
- Simple flat monthly fee supplements existing group health plans and reserves traditional insurance for costly catastrophic event
- Improved productivity: No waiting, no lost time and reduced absenteeism create a positive cost benefit; for each $1 spent, employer saves $3 in lost time
- Increased employee satisfaction: Increased employee retention and
DirectClinic Is Needed and Better
Providing high-quality medical care at an affordable cost is at the core of the DirectClinic model and philosophy, and we consider it a key step in getting–and staying–healthy.
Beyond Primary Care
- Same-day appointments
- Enhanced patient/provider relationship
- Discounted Point-of-care Imaging
- Discounted Point-of-care lab
- Point-of-care Dispensing Medications
- No rushed exam; Primary care providers have limited patient panels giving them more time to spend with each patient
- Patient care advocacy (guided care for complex conditions)
- Broad network; access to high-value providers
- Pre and post medical consult and medications for senior management and key employees for international travel
Spend Your Money on Better Healthcare, Not Administrative Expense
Today, most people use insurance to cover all health expenses because visits to doctors for even minor issues can cost upwards of $100. When health insurance claims are filed routinely, health insurance premiums rise. Therefore, the only logical way to decrease insurance premiums is to reduce the frequency of claims filed. To reduce frequency of claims, a large segment of medical care has to be affordable to render insurance unnecessary. Thankfully, not all healthcare is expensive.
Healthcare can be divided into those services that are used often and those that are used rarely. Primary care, with its routine physicals, acute care, management of chronic conditions, refills and lab orders fall into services that are used often. DirectCare takes these services and caps the cost at an affordable, manageable, flat monthly fee, typically less than $70 per month, with access to significantly discounted laboratory and imaging services. As a result, insurance use (and cost) is minimized to rare occurrences like specialist visits and hospitalizations. Employers can use DirectCare to lower healthcare costs.
It’s time insurance was used for what it was intended: catastrophic events. In time,employees will be making two healthcare decisions: 1) who they will use for routine primary care, and 2) who they will use for insurance. It’s already happening with employers and employees nationwide.
How It Works
- Employers pay for membership for employees at a discounted rate.
- DirectCare provides year-round HR support, including on-site open enrollment.
- Employees activate their benefit through a simple online registration process.
- Engagement and utilization metrics define success.